No response about the obvious from Amazon, so posting this wherever I can. Please beware when you call Amazon.

Case Description: To whom this may concern ..

I went to Amazon to pay my bill as I usually do , and I noticed a few discrepancies in regards to my Amazon Store Card balances. As I have to call them about this every month . I called Synchrony only to be directed to Amazon. Spoke with CS at Amazon; only to be redirected to Synchrony; and Synchrony once again sent me to Amazon.

(This occurred each time during the many phone calls) At which point I asked for the number of the Corporate Office I was given 8448310999, 8662161072. I called number and was greeted "hello Amazon, how may I help you "; I proceeded to relay my concerns regarding the fluctuating balances on my account for around the past six months; and also the debits for my Prime membership coming out of my store card when it is even on my account to take this payment from my debit card; which is to no avail. To make this short; he asked if I would give him permission to go in my Amazon Account. I did so.

Next thing I knew I had 250.00 taken from my checking account for a 250.00 gift card; then 100.00; as quickly went to some site called Coinbase."Watching him steal right before my eyes in horror I quickly demanded " this is not Amazon and he is yelling saying " this is Amazon. I told him to put every sent you just stole back into my account. His reply was cannot. All you have to do is buy a 500.00 Walmart card..I don't know what he was talking about..I had to request new credit cards, change my bank accounts.

My emails, and passwords; and different businesses and entities to be notified about this change of which I had to walk in. My money was put back. But let me say. I called Amazon again to try to get the Corporate Office number; spoke to a Rep Donna Lee, who said that she didn't know the number; that they don't have a number for him.

I asked her who is him; I just need the number requested. She asked me to hold on while she checks. Came back a few moments later; and gave me the same number 8448310999, and 8662161072. My accounts with Amazon are incorrect; Amazon website, and emails have been spoofed.

And I am afraid to even contact them anymore. The stress level, and many changes of accounts and information that proceeded after scam, I feel Amazon should credit my account.

And they also closed my Prime Membership without my consent. So, I have closed my account, and posting this wherever I can.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Local Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Amazon omitted that the scam occurred via their phone numbers.

Comments